Sunday, June 16, 2013

Leopard Moon: Moon Series Review

4 Stars: I enjoyed this book because I absolutely love shifters. It was interesting because it took two real world rivals (dogs and cats) and put them together. Well, okay, not really 'dogs' and 'cats', but you get the idea.

My favorite character has to be Kess because she is a leopard shifter that can handle herself. She isn't a weak girl like most of the other girls in these types of stories. She reminds me of some of my favorite female characters- strong physically and mentally.

My only complaint with this book is the beginning. I honestly didn't enjoy the beginning of the book. It took me a few chapters to really get into the story. When the P.O.V. was Sek I didn't understand what he was supposed to be getting at when he was talking about his sister. Then once I did get it I was grossed out.

If you're looking for a strong heroine and an intense story check this book out! I'm looking forward to reading the second book in this series.

Links:
Amazon
B&N

Blurb:
How do you disappear when you come from a family of predators? A wereleopard, Kess is forced to flee her home and family in Miami once her brother's obsession with her turns violent. She runs from city to city, trying to stay one step ahead of the investigators her family has dispatched to bring her home. Kess ends up in the mountains of North Carolina and attracts the attention of Cormac, a young man with a secret of his own. As she attempts to live as normal a life as her were-nature allows, her brother Sek continues to hunt for her. He believes she is the key to revitalizing their weakened clan and is driven to extreme measures to ensure their continued existence. As Kess' relationship with Cormac deepens, Sek closes in, threatening Cormac's life and Kess' freedom. When the moon rises, the hunt is on….

No comments:

Post a Comment