Saturday, September 21, 2013

Review Ethereal Influence: The Inquisition by Lana Bradstream

2.5 Stars: I honestly got so lost reading this book. In the beginning there were two main characters and one dies. By the middle there were three main characters. In the end there are five main characters, or what I thought there were. Two of the main characters disappear and die. I would have liked this much more if  the story had focused on fewer characters to keep the book from becoming so chaotic.

The writing was really fluid. I thought the pacing was good. The storyline was unique and really interesting. I just found myself trying to keep track of the characters and wondering who was next to be axed.

I didn't really like this book, but that doesn't mean you won't. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Buy Link:
Amazon

Blurb: The Inquisition is a time of turmoil and fear. It is a time of horror and atrocities, when the faith of people waiver. Inquisitor Nikolaus is experiencing a lack of faith as he orders torture and death for scores of people - some of whom he believes were innocent. Lorenz, an angel of God, is sent to restore his faith and bring him back to God. But, the fallen angel Jakob is intent on capturing Nikolaus' soul with the aid of Ayla, a real witch who has surrendered her own soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment